Monday, February 7, 2011

My Famous Pizza

2 Tablespoons of Yeast (heaping tablespoons)
2 c. warm water
1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
3T. oil
1 t. salt
5-6 c. flour

Beat together the first four ingredients until foamy.  Add next three ingredients and mix together.  If I have time I'll let it rise a little bit, if not, I just go ahead.  Knead into a ball, and divide in two.  Makes two crusts.

Grease a pizza stone (or pan), and flatten out dough.  Spread with pizza sauce.  I use 1 can of tomato paste, the kind that is flavored with Basil, Oregano, etc.  I dilute this can with a little water, and use it on both crusts.  Top with your favorite toppings and cheese.  **NOTE - a lot of vegetable toppings, i.e. pineapple, green peppers, onions, etc., do not work well on my crust.  I don't know why for sure, but the crust will not cook through, and it is left soggy and doughy.  We are a BORING family, and I will usually put all pepperoni on one pizza, and olives on 1/2 of it.  This seems to work fine.  I just wouldn't put a TON of vegetables together.

Bake at 400 degree for 10-15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment